The Kratom Quid – A more exotic approach.
Along with all the available methods to use Kratom the most exotic one probably is the Kratom quid. What is it? Well, it’s the easiest and one of the most effective methods to get everything Kratom alkaloids can offer you!
Why do they call it “exotic”?
Well, maybe the most important reason this method is exotic and rare is that it is mostly used in Southern Asia, where it grows and there are plenty of fresh leaves; that’s the reason it’s not so popular in Europe or USA, the leaf does not grow there and the shipping of fresh leaves is not so common to these places. Nevertheless, if you ever get the opportunity to try this, don’t hesitate! It’s really worth it and you definitely won’t regret it. You will also have the opportunity to experience the same things as people in Southern Asia, as it’s the most common way to use it there!
There are many reasons to call this method amazing, and some of them are:
- It delivers rapid effects
- You will gain maximum alkaloid concentration
- Avoids digestions which are both quicker and healthier for your stomach
- It is comparatively more potent
Unfortunately, it also has its negative sides:
- It may not be available outside Southern Asia, as fresh leaf shipment is not common
- It can deliver quick side-effects to newbies
- You don’t really know and cannot accurately measure the alkaloid concentration, so you will have to “feel” the dose.
How can you prepare it?
As stated above, this may be the easiest method to prepare Kratom of all. The only thing you need is fresh leaves and water.
In order to have a ready to chew leaf you must follow the next steps:
- Remove the veins and all the hard parts of the leaf
- Immerse the leaves into lukewarm water
- Keep the leaves in the water until they become very soft and tender
- After taking them out the water roll them to form a tube-like shape
- Place the leaf between your lower gum and cheek( you can chew it from time to time for it to release alkaloids)
- When the leaves juice is released into your mouth and mixed with your saliva, let it in your mouth for a while before swallowing it so the alkaloids can be absorbed through your cheek soft tissue to your bloodstream
Dose and effects
Truth be told, you cannot really calculate accurately the concentration of alkaloids per leaf, so if speaking about the dose you must start from chewing one leaf for about 1-2 hours. After that, you can take more leaves and get to know how many leaves you need to achieve the effect you want, so just regulate it yourself, according to your needs. The effects depend from what strains you chew (if red vein it will be more of a pain-relieving and sedating effect; if green or white kratom it will be more an energetic effect), but the effects might be very strong and come quickly as you receive “raw” alkaloids in high concentrations.
Again depending on how many leaves did you chew and what strain did you use. Mostly they are:
So be sure to control the amount you use!